12/18/2012

So, this is 2012


December 16. Day 350 of 365. I can still easily recall those time when my twitter feed was flooded by the "1 of 365", "2 of 265' and so on. So why would I even waste  (read: spend) my time here, on my blogspot, while I was about to have my Spanish semester exam tomorrow? Oh, I also had to record myself bringing a news broadcast for my speech class which I honestly procrastinate a lot. Nothing's really exciting that happened today. Well, something did happen today, but NOT exciting at all, to me. 

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. My 50-60ish uncle passed away today. I was in the church, watching some of my American relatives performing a drama about the essence of Christmas. It was good tho'. Yea it was, until I got my phone beeping, and it made me couldn't stop my tears. My father told me about my uncle. My strong uncle, I can say. We used to live together back then. His view of life, somehow really inspires me. 

I cried. Yea, I did. I could feel the church members staring at me. But I'm glad that my host family is really a nice family. They even came to the Pastor and asked him to do a special prayer for my uncle, even though we are from different religion. I really appreciate their kindness to me.

This brought me back to 6 months ago. I lost my aunt, my very kind aunt. I remember how she taught me to knit, and to do cross-stitching for my school task (although I didn't finish it). She said she promised me to bring her cross-stitching book by the next time she comes again. Did she bring it? No. She came with a sincere smile, with a very young look, with a white cloth wrapping her body. She looked so peaceful, I couldn't even ask her to bring her book.

I cried. Yea, I did. Everybody did. Everybody loved, no, loves her. It was so hard to see her not talking even a word. But at least, I got the last chance to see her again. Which I didn't, when my uncle left.

This is 2012. 2 from my family left. Yea they left us to a better place, to a more peaceful place. And we are still here, praying for them so they can get one even better place.

2 comments: