5/23/2014

Fame : A Paradox

                Fame, to me is part of life. I don’t mean that I live in fame now, but fame is everywhere, and people have to admit that it is important. Fame doesn’t always mean that people have to be garish. According to me, fame is not something to achieve, but it will come by itself for people who deserve it. Within fame, there is a very potential power to change something. And even better, we can find the coteries of our action more easily.  Just like what John Lennon did, he spoke out for the inordinate violence during the World War II. That is one example of how fame can turn something better.

                But, in other hand, fame can be extremely dangerous if people use fame to gather bad people, bad ideas, and to make a worse world, just like what Adolf Hitler and Osama bin Laden did. This kind of fame is somehow easier to achieve. A lot of people who feel indigent of fame and really want to have it but don’t want to be pertinacious enough would rather try to have this fame instead of the ‘good type of fame’.


image courtesy

                Personally, I can’t say that fame is the definition of being successful or happy. Some people reach their success without fame. But if fame can help people to reach their success, I don’t see why not. I think it depends on people’s definition towards what success is. And about the happiness, I also can’t say it’s the definition. But for some people, it is. After seeing the life of the famous Hollywood celebrities, the prince of the United Kingdom, and some other famous people, I see the frustration behind the fame. I would die because of the paparazzi, the thin line that tells public about every picayune thing of the people on the wall of fame’s life.

                But again, it depends on how people see it.  Some people like it, some people don’t. However, fame embellishes our life through the story in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment